Fall is upon us once more. And so it begins that, with summer over and the days getting shorter, we wish to ease into more consistent actions that create personal health and fitness.
Unfortunately, with the cooler weather and holidays approaching, many will begin taking in sweets and junk foods and the like. Along with this first insult to the body systems, some folks will allow the busier schedule of the holiday season to be yet another reason for slacking off on their exercise.
In all, these misplaced actions send the body into a tailspin. The body is not able to keep up with the onslaught of over-eating, eating poor quality foods, and not getting the exercise or sleep that the body actually craves at this time!
The final result is that after January 1st, the reckoning time comes when you look at yourself in the mirror and admit you need to do something about how awful you feel. ‘Where did those extra ten to fifteen pounds come from,’ you naively ask? It is as if you didn’t want to take responsibility for your actions through the holiday season by pleading ignorance.
It’s as if you’re standing in front of your subconscious saying, “I swear your honor, I didn’t know that eating all those extra sweets, and fatty foods, and alcohol, along with not doing my exercise, was going to put on all this weight and make me feel so horrible!”
Now that we have imagined what will happen if you allow yourself to let go, let’s design some simple steps to keep you, not only on track with your health and fitness, but also accelerate your results.
How would it feel if, on January 2nd, you looked in the mirror and saw a lean, healthy, strong and vibrant body?
I know exactly what you would feel. You would have such a sense of accomplishment and pride in yourself for sticking to your guns and doing what you knew was right.
Let’s stack the odds in your favor so that you have this amazing experience come January 2nd.
- Get very clear on what you want your body and health to be like. It does not matter where you start. Write your goals down and put them in the present tense as if you already have it right now.
- Every morning, afternoon and evening you will take 5-10 minutes to visualize what a healthy body feels like as if you already have it.
- Make a list of the simple actions you must take to assure you don’t get caught off guard.
- Prepare all meals ahead of time for daily consumption. You could even make everything in one weekend and freeze some of it!
- Make sure to bring food with you to work and play.
- Bring 2-3 quarts of filtered water with you every day. Make sure to drink it.
- Get quality sleep – Bed by 10pm, wake at 6am.
- Exercise everyday – even if you only have time for walking.
- Always eat before going out to a party so that you are not tempted to eat all the high carb, fatty, sodium and sugar filled foods.
- When you find your thoughts drifting to negative ideas, recognize that they are only a product of past experiences. Now is the time for you to create a new reality in which you are in control of your thoughts, feelings and actions.
Remember you must take responsibility to create this healthy, fit, vibrant life. You already have all it takes. It is now time to use your God-given abilities to see that the autumn season is actually a new beginning!
Here is a complimentary webinar to get you started. I would love to help you on your journey of health and wellness.
I wish for all of you Vibrant Health!