First I would like to extend a warm and Happy New Year to everyone. I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Some of us in the northern hemisphere are going to be donning coats and gloves for a few more months, while others get to bask in the warmth of the sun.
No matter where you are, it is a time for renewal. What a perfect time to look forward and create even more health and wellness for 2014.
Ask yourself, “How much more can I improve my health? How fit can I become? What would I really like to achieve this year?”
It is good to remind ourselves that no matter what we have or have not done in the past, it has no bearing on what we do from this moment forward.
Why not dream big? What is it you want to create?
If you are stuck for an answer, try this: Ask yourself “How would it feel to be really healthy? How would it feel to be really happy? How would it feel to have an overwhelming sense of wellbeing?”
Before you ask these questions, quiet yourself down and close your eyes. Then ask the question(s). Give yourself time to feel what it would be like to feel healthy, happy, well.
Most folks start the New Year with best intentions but no true connection to what they want to create.
We see it every January when the gyms are full of people who are dieting, working out, and putting all that effort into what? Getting healthy?
But you see, most, if not all, have no idea what that really means for them, or better said, they have no idea what that is supposed to feel like.
When you go within and begin to feel what it would be like to be healthy and happy, your subconscious will effortlessly respond. It already knows, even if you have never felt it yourself. This may seem ridiculous, but in fact you are tapping into your higher self which knows no limitation.
Let go of the resistance and fear of what is possible for you. You can be healthy and happy.
Our bodies are designed to heal themselves and be vibrant. They do the best they can, but you have to help by integrating just a few simple steps as part of your lifestyle.
It is so easy that most folks ignore them and think they have to beat themselves up on a treadmill or lift heavy weights.
I would suggest putting down all the fitness magazines with photos of fitness models doing exercises. Also stop trying the next-best diet. Stop listening to people at the gym, and for goodness sake, stop listening to infomercials.
Here are the six fundamental factors to health and wellness. They may seem familiar. Well, if they do that’s because I have given them to you in previous articles. The question is: Have you been listening and integrating them into your life?
Are you ready? Let’s start a new year.
- Happy thoughts! – You must focus on bringing joy into your life. Contemplate what makes you happy. Let go of thoughts that cause pain, fear, anxiety, and drag you down.
- Breathe – Proper breathing heals. You’re doing it anyway, so why not do it right? Look into diaphragmatic breathing.
- Hydration – Drink water! Half your body weight in ounces everyday is a start, more is better. Nothing else replaces water. Not coffee, not tea, not SODA, or fruit juices.
- Nutrition – Only whole foods. Please, if you are not sure of this, visit my blogs.
- Sleep – Do not skimp on sleep. That is when your body heals and recovers from all you put it through.
- Movement – Your bodies are meant to move. Go easy at first and pay attention to posture and form of the exercise. If you are a beginner, hire a qualified trainer.
So what is your new life for 2014 going to be? It is up to you to decide and then step forward into it.
Everything you’ve done in the past is in the past. No need to do them again.
How about a new you, a fresh you.
I am here to help.
I wish for all of you Vibrant Health!